Case Study: Customer feedback - apartments
The customer, a major Nordic builder of apartments had experienced problems with customer satisfaction.
- Their existing survey process, which was carried out once per year, revealed every year the same strengths and weaknesses.
- Management did not know how to utilize this information to improve situation.
- Pricing went also wrong, judged from sales times that fluctuated in a mysterious way.
- The management also felt that customer values and the company's own values did not match.
- BayMiner was used to determine the correlations between customer complaints and company processes using existing data.
- The customer feedback system was changed to enable joining of feedback data with all mutual data for each object.
- The data structure was realized to suit analysis at two transaction moments, at handover and end of claims period.
- BayesIT designed a system that allowed the knowledge model to be used to predict future project satisfaction as well as commercial success.
- A much more detailed satisfaction picture helped focus quality actions both product wise as well as regionally.
- Quality at hand-over was improved reducing customer complaints.
- Essential cost savings were achieved from less complaints handling.
Development continues with focus on utilizing the customer feedback data to improve the pricing process.
- The cost of the project was approx. 50.000 euros.
- Savings in costs of complaints were first year approx. 100.000 euros.
- Payback period was less than a year.